Flavours of South Australia
Your RCI membership gives you the benefit of exchanging your ownership week(s) or points for discounts on Cruise holidays, worldwide Tours and inclusive Travel Packages. Save more on your next adventure by contacting our RCI Travel Solutions Team for details on how to exchange or book your next holiday.
Taste your way around South Australia on this epic culinary adventure. Visit five of South Australia’s best wineries, including the iconic Penfolds Magill Estate. Sample freshly shucked oysters straight from the sea at Coffin Bay and savour fresh regional produce at iconic South Australian food institutions - Maggie Beer’s Farmshop and Adelaide Central Markets.
Your Guided Tour Includes:
- 4 nights in an Allure King Room at Eos by SkyCity, Adelaide
- Mixologist class at Sôl Rooftop including two cocktails
- "The Collaborators” four-course dinner & tastings at Adelaide Central Market
- Private tour of Seppeltfields with a premium wine tasting in the historic homestead
- Private cooking demonstration in Maggie Beer's Farmshop with tastings of each dish & a glass of Maggie’s Non-Alcoholic Sparkling
- Express wine tasting (four wines) at St Hugo
- Share-style lunch in the Stone Lounge at St Hugo with two glasses of St Hugo wine
- Private tour of the Yalumba grounds, historic buildings & unique cooperage
- Guided wine tasting with a Yalumba wine Ambassador with artisanal produce platter
- Return economy class flights Adelaide/Port Lincoln/Adelaide
- Oyster Lease Tour & Tastings Cruise with 'Pure Coffin Bay Oysters'
- Private luncheon with Chef Andy at 1802 Oyster Bar & Restaurant
- Visit Mikka Station for wildlife viewing
- Wine tasting at a pop-up restaurant overlooking Sleaford Bay
- Blending Bench experience & wine tasting at d`Arenberg with a share-style lunch at Cube Level 3
- Ultimate Farewell at Penfolds Magill Estate including welcome champagne & canapes, Twilight tour of Magill Estate, luxury wine tasting include one vintage Grange in the Grange room, five-course tasting menu & ultimate wine pairings served in the Underground Tunnels^
- Farewell breakfast at ITL Kitchen on final morning
- Return private car transfers from Adelaide Airport to hotel
- Luxury minivan transfers throughout
- Services of a Tour Leader & professional driver/guides
- Small group travel – maximum 12 people
Pricing is per person twin share and based on travel 24-28 March 2023
Also valid for travel 02-06 June 2023 and 18-22 August 2023
**On sale until 30 May 2023, unless sold out prior**
Call us to add flights!
- Visit five of South Australia’s best wineries
- Sample famous Coffin Bay oysters straight from the sea on an epic day tour to Port Lincoln and Coffin Bay
- Taste Vintage Tawny direct from the barrel of your birth year at Seppeltsfield
- Dine in the underground tunnel^ at Penfolds and savour a vintage Grange
- Visit food icon Maggie Beer’s Farmshop for a private cooking demonstration+
Day 1: FRIDAY WELCOME TO ADELAIDE
Welcome to Adelaide. Your driver will meet you at Adelaide Airport and transfer you to your hotel. This afternoon, meet your Tour Leader and fellow travellers for a bespoke mixologist experience at Sôl Rooftop, perched atop the iconic Eos Hotel. Your dedicated mixologist will create your chosen cocktail, selected from a dynamic list of regionally specific, signature and time-honoured cocktails. Grazing platters featuring the best in local produce are the perfect accompaniment, while enjoying sweeping views of the Adelaide Hills. Tonight, head to the Adelaide Central Market, South Australia’s culinary icon, established in 1869. Experience the “The Collaborators” dinner – a four-course, roving dining adventure in the lively market environment, with additional tastings along the way. Designed by one of the state’s noted food experts, Mark Gleeson, it is a must-do on any Adelaide culinary itinerary.
Overnight: Eos by SkyCity
Meals: Afternoon Cocktails and Dinner
Day 2: SATURDAY BAROSSA VALLEY
Today is all about the Barossa. The region’s wine and food story is worldrenowned, but there’s an unexpected side of the Barossa waiting to be discovered. On arrival at Seppeltsfield Barossa, enjoy a private tasting of premium still and fortified wines in the historic Homestead of the Seppelt family. Tour the Underground Blending Cellar before tasting your birth year Tawny direct from the barrel in the Centennial Cellar, hosted by a Seppeltsfield wine educator. Then indulge your senses at Vasse Virgin and discover the magic of olive oil and their unique range of skin care and gourmet food products. Next, head to legendary Australian chef, Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop for an intimate cooking demonstration. Sample Maggie’s non-alcoholic Sparkling range, followed by a guided demonstration by her skilled team on how to add some ‘Maggie flair’ to your cooking at home. On to the iconic St Hugo vineyard, for an express tasting of four wines from the St Hugo collection, in the stunning Stone Lounge. Afterwards, settle in for a relaxed, long-table dining experience in true Barossa form, with a share-style menu paired with two glasses of St Hugo wines. Last, but not least, visit Yalumba, a fiercely independent, family-owned winery spanning six generations and showcasing the best of the Barossa. Enjoy a private tour of the Yalumba grounds, historic buildings and unique Yalumba Cooperage. Your Wine Ambassador will guide you through a comprehensive tasting of Yalumba’s finest wines. The day comes to an end with a Cooper’s Platter of local artisanal produce to enjoy under the Wine Room Veranda. Return to Adelaide for an evening at leisure.
Overnight: Eos by SkyCity
Meals: Lunch and Wine Tastings
Day 3: SUNDAY PORT LINCOLN AND COFFIN BAY
An early start this morning for what will be a truly sensational day. Your driver will transfer you to Adelaide Airport for the 45-minute flight to Port Lincoln. Your guide will meet you on arrival for the drive to beautiful Coffin Bay National Park. Enjoy morning tea and then stroll along a deserted white sandy beach, keeping your eyes peeled for native wildlife, including families of emus and kangaroos. A short drive around the coast to your next destination where worldfamous Coffin Bay oysters await. Sail across crystal-clear waters to a working oyster farm and taste oysters plucked straight from the ocean. Cruise back to shore and continue your gourmet seafood escape on land. Chef Andy at 1802 Oyster Bar & Restaurant will introduce you to his favourite local produce. After lunch, visit Mikkira Station, a tranquil property, where koalas, kangaroos, birds and emus roam freely. On to Lincoln National Park to enjoy sweeping views of Sleaford Bay from Wanna Lookout and toast the end of a fabulous day with a glass of wine and dinner at a pop-up restaurant. As the sun begins to set, your guide will return you to the airport for the flight back to Adelaide.
Overnight: Eos by SkyCity
Meals: Morning Tea, Lunch, Dinner and Wine Tasting
DAY 4: MONDAY McLAREN VALE AND ADELAIDE HILLS
Today, visit McLaren Vale’s most iconic landmark, d’Arenberg. The ideato build the d’Arenberg Cube came to Chester Osborn in 2003, inspired by the complexities and puzzles of winemaking. Each of the five levels has been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses, including features such as a wine sensory room, a virtual fermenter, a 360-degree video room, and many other tactile experiences. Start with a hands-on, interactive experience where you play winemaker! Be guided through the blending process to create your own personalised Shiraz. Once you’ve selected your final blend, bottle a 750ml sample to take home and share with friends. Enjoy a share-style lunch and afterward visit the Tasting Room on the top level and sample a selection of d’Arenberg wines, while admiring the panoramic views over McLaren Vale.
Return to Adelaide where you’ll have time to relax before tonight’s exclusive event. This evening, enjoy an unforgettable farewell dinner at Penfolds Magill Estate. Walk in the footsteps of winemakers, learning about the history of Penfolds and their craftmanship. Visit Grange Cottage, the vintage cellar, and the original hiding spot of Max Schubert’s hidden Grange. In the underground tunnel cellar your host will lead you through a structured tasting of some of Penfolds’ most highly coveted wines, including the exclusive Grange, followed by the ultimate five-course tasting menu, paired with Penfolds wines, of course!
Overnight: Eos by SkyCity
Meals: Lunch, Dinner and Wine Tastings
DAY 5: TUESDAY
As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end but not before regaling the highlights of your trip during a group breakfast at iTL Italian Kitchen. After breakfast, check-out and transfer by private car to the airport for your flight home.
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
Prices listed are per person in Australian/New Zealand Dollars, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. The offer is subject to availability at time of booking. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices/Offers are correct as at 07 September 2022 and can be withdrawn without notice. Hotels may charge resort fees not included in this package, payable direct upon check in. Visas are not included. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge. 241xtra pricing does not require a 241 certificate. Price changes may occur by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of a Product or Service,including, but not limited to the introduction of fuel surcharges, changes to taxes or fees. All arrangements are subject to availability, cancellation, or modification due to inclement weather, late running of services or other unforeseen circumstances. A minimum non-refundable deposit equivalent to 20% of the tour cost is payable within 7 days of confirmation of your booking and cancellation prior to final payment will result in your deposit being forfeited. Final payment of your holiday cost is required at least 70 days prior to departure, there will be no refund for bookings cancelled less than 69 days prior to travel. The travel services provided by these suppliers are subject to the conditions imposed by the suppliers and their liability may be limited by their tariffs, conditions of carriage, and agreements. A minimum of 10 passengers is required for this tour to operate. Information required at time of booking - full name, including title, initial and surname as per ID, any information relating to dietary/mobility/medical requirements and mobile contact number. Flights to Adelaide are not included. Only return economy class flights Adelaide/Port Lincoln/Adelaide as mentioned in itinerary.