New Zealand Grand Rail Explorer
Your RCI membership gives you the benefit of exchanging your ownership week(s) or points for discounts on Cruise holidays, worldwide Tours and inclusive Travel Packages. Save more on your next adventure by contacting our RCI Travel Solutions Team for details on how to exchange or book your next holiday.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience will see you explore the scenic wonders of New Zealand from Queenstown to Auckland aboard three iconic train journeys. Traverse the South Island’s breathtaking natural landscapes aboard the world-famous TranzAlpine. Journey to the top of the south along the spectacular coastline with the Coastal Pacific, cruise the Cook Strait before navigating through the rugged terrain on the historic Northern Explorer.
Your Rail Package Includes:
- 2 nights accommodation in Queenstown
- Milford Sound Cruise with lunch & transfers ex Queenstown
- 2 nights accommodation in Franz Josef
- 5 day car hire from Queenstown Airport to Greymouth Station
- TranzAlpine Rail Journey from Greymouth to Christchurch
- 2 nights accommodation in Christchurch
- Coastal Pacific Rail Journey from Christchurch to Picton
- 1 night accommodation in Picton
- Interislander Ferry Journey from Picton to Wellington
- 2 nights accommodation in Wellington
- Northern Explorer Rail Journey from Wellington to Auckland
- 2 nights accommodation in Auckland
Rate is per person twin share and based on travel departing 10 April 2023
Other dates available, a seasonal surcharge applies
Offer ends 31 January 2023 unless sold out prior
Call us to add flights!
Rightly described as one of the greatest train journeys in the world, our TranzAlpine route across the mountainous spine of our South Island is truly spectacular.
Experience the South Island’s striking natural landscape by taking a train between Greymouth and Christchurch. Along this journey you’ll see epic vistas, travel the edges of the ice-fed Waimakariri River, traverse the Southern Alps, and see miles of native beech forest.
With the Pacific Ocean lapping at its wheels and the Kaikoura ranges rising majestically above, the Coastal Pacific is undoubtedly one of the world's most picturesque train journeys.
Soak up the sun, sea, and sand, while winding your way around New Zealand's gorgeous east coast on your rail journey.
The Northern Explorer rumbles through the heart of the North Island on an epic journey that covers 680km of New Zealand's finest scenery, as it travels between Auckland and Wellington.
Experience the extremes of New Zealand’s scenery, from the fertile farmlands of Waikato to the volcanic peaks of the Central Plateau and the sparkling Kapiti coast.
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
Prices listed are per person in Australian/New Zealand Dollars, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. All bookings are subject to availability. Minimum nights stay may apply. Other travel periods may be available. Some block out dates may apply. Rates may alter depending upon the dates requested and surcharges if applicable. Final booking confirmation only provided once payment has been processed. Contact our travel team for more details. Our Vacation Centre reserves the right to withdraw this promotion without notice at any time. Pricing correct as at 28 September 2022. Visas are not included. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge. Flights are not included. Hotels to be advised at time of quotation. Car hire included is based on a compact auto (toyota corolla or similar) with BUDGET and vehicle excess conditions will apply.