New Zealand Grand Rail Explorer
This once-in-a-lifetime experience will see you explore the scenic wonders of New Zealand from Queenstown to Auckland aboard three iconic train journeys. Traverse the South Island’s breathtaking natural landscapes aboard the world-famous TranzAlpine. Journey to the top of the south along the spectacular coastline with the Coastal Pacific, cruise the Cook Strait before navigating through the rugged terrain on the historic Northern Explorer.
Your Fly, Stay & Rail Package Includes:
- Economy class flight from Sydney to Queenstown, return from Auckland
- 11 nights accommodation in centrally located 3.5/4 star hotels
- 4 day car hire from Queenstown Airport to Greymouth Station
- Milford Sound Cruise with lunch & transfers ex Queenstown
- TranzAlpine Rail Journey from Greymouth to Christchurch
- Coastal Pacific Rail Journey from Christchurch to Picton
- Interislander Ferry Journey from Picton to Wellington
- Northern Explorer Rail Journey from Wellington to Auckland
Rate is per person twin share and based on travel 11 - 22 December 2023
Other dates available, a seasonal surcharge applies
Offer ends 31 March 2023 unless sold out prior
Rightly described as one of the greatest train journeys in the world, our TranzAlpine route across the mountainous spine of our South Island is truly spectacular.
Experience the South Island’s striking natural landscape by taking a train between Greymouth and Christchurch. Along this journey you’ll see epic vistas, travel the edges of the ice-fed Waimakariri River, traverse the Southern Alps, and see miles of native beech forest.
With the Pacific Ocean lapping at its wheels and the Kaikoura ranges rising majestically above, the Coastal Pacific is undoubtedly one of the world's most picturesque train journeys.
Soak up the sun, sea, and sand, while winding your way around New Zealand's gorgeous east coast on your rail journey.
The Northern Explorer rumbles through the heart of the North Island on an epic journey that covers 680km of New Zealand's finest scenery, as it travels between Auckland and Wellington.
Experience the extremes of New Zealand’s scenery, from the fertile farmlands of Waikato to the volcanic peaks of the Central Plateau and the sparkling Kapiti coast.
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
Package is based on 2 adults sharing twin/double bedding, and priced in Australian Dollars. Pricing is correct at the time of submission and subject to change without notice based on availability and train schedule changes. Valid for travel on select travel dates in Sep, Oct, Nov & Dec 2023 and Jan 2024. Hotels to be advised at time of quotation. Car hire included is based on a Compact Auto (Toyota Corolla or similar) with BUDGET and vehicle excess conditions will apply. Please note a one-way rental fee of NZD $150 + GST applies and is paid locally upon vehicle collection. Airfares are based on economy class flights from Sydney and are subject to the carriers’ flight schedules and conditions, please call us for prices from other cities.